ASPIRE BLOG! I OCTOBER 2017
Cathy Al-Ghabra, Aspire Programme Manager
Working alongside Harrow Music Service and Barnet Education Arts Trust we will be delivering a yearlong programme in 6 primary schools, reaching 620 children. The schools we are proud to be working with are: Hollickwood Primary School, Underhill School and Parkfield Primary School in Barnet; Kenmore Park Junior School, Weald Rise Primary School and Elmgrove Primary School in Harrow. All children are aged between 7 – 11 years.
During the first few months of Phase 1, we have:
- Designed our yearlong programme, recruited schools and workshop leaders
- Trained our Aspire Workshop Leaders by Artistic Director Rachel Staunton
- Provided a CPD for Barnet schools where 28 teachers and support staff took part
- Provided a CPD for Harrow schools where 13 teachers and support staff took part
- Met each school to set individually tailored Quality Assurance goals and explain how we will run Arts Award Discover within the programme
- We have created an online resource to support the delivery of Aspire within schools
- We have created a CPD pack for teachers and support staff
The next stage happens in November 2017 where we will keep you informed of our first workshop delivery in schools!
+44 (0) 7388 623178