THE BIG GIVE 2019.BIG SUCCESS!
London Youth Choirs was delighted to have been chosen to take part in the UK’s biggest match funding campaign, The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2019.
Our enormous thanks to The Childhood Trust for once again being our Champion match funder.
Last year, and thanks to people like you, we reached our Big Give fundraising target of £25,000 in just four days and raised an amazing total of £28,300. Every penny of that money has helped us continue to make progress towards our mission of offering all young Londoners, irrespective of background, an enriching musical experience.
In true LYC style, this year we had an even more ambitious target, and we smashed it, raising over £50,000!
As in previous years, your donations were matched by a combination of The Childhood Trust and one of our generous individual donors.
WHY YOU DONATED
Put simply, this was your one chance in the year to have your generous donations doubled and if you Gift Aided your donation, LYC received even more.
- Your £20 donation = £45 to LYC
(£20 Big Give match + £5 Gift Aid)
- Your £100 donation = £225 to LYC
(£100 Big Give match + £25 Gift Aid)
- Your £500 donation = £1,125 to LYC
(+ £500 Big Give match + £25 Gift Aid)
Every gift will propel us to our goal!
OUR NEED FOR MORE FUNDS GROWS WITH OUR SUCCESS!
That’s right, with 272 members and the majority receiving some form of subsidy, the funding need is ever more acute.
How your donations had an impact LYC?
- £1,200 supports one member of our flagship Chamber Choir for a year
- £600 supports one LYC member with a full bursary for a whole year
- £100 pays for a travel guardian to accompany up to 12 children to-and-from LYC for one week
- £60 supports 4 free audition places for children whose families are unable to pay
- £30 funds 2 concert tickets for parents of a child on a full bursary to see their child perform
- £20 buys two concert folders
- £10 buys a LYC T-shirt for someone from a low income household
“The Christmas Challenge is a great opportunity for the British public to maximise the impact of their charitable gifts. We’re encouraging everyone to consider the causes closest to their heart and to donate, enabling us to help ensure those donations go even further.”
Jonathan Frank Director of The Big Give
+44 (0) 7388 623178